August 08, 2011

The Beginning - Investing in Malaysia

Let me start off by first telling you that I am an ordinary retail investor, a layman, who does not have a finance background and have never worked in the finance/banking/investment industry. However I am learning more about finance and investment, skills which I wish I have learned earlier in my life.

I started buying shares back in 2007, before the global financial crisis hit. I have invested in unit trust funds since more than 10 years ago, and did not bother to learn buying shares until then. Finally I decided to do it on my own by reading some investment books.

The purpose of this blog is just to share some information that you might find useful. These are information I use for evaluating stocks. It is not a recommendation to buy or sell. I also treat it as a learning process since I do not claim to be a great investor (if that was the case, I'll be charging money or holding courses ;)

I buy shares based on a fundamental approach. I will share with you in another post my current approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment